For many divorcing couples, issues surrounding the marital home are significant. Many cannot agree on who will stay in the home, others have conflicting positions on the value of the property and some are just confused how to proceed when they owe more than what their home is worth.
Generally, one of two things will occur to the marital residence in a Georgia divorce case:
• One spouse remains in the residence and buys out the other spouse’s interest
• Both parties decided to sell the house and divide the income per the divorce order
There are also less common solutions that may arise depending on your case, such as renting out the house to a third party or rotating in and out while the children live in the house.
Coleman Legal Group, LLC. attorneys realize that you have invested a significant amount of money and emotion into building your home and we will be diligent and compassionate in listening to your concerns and goals and then advising you on the proper course of action from there forward.
Our lawyers are also trained in addressing complex issues related to the marital residence throughout your divorce. You should talk to one of our attorneys today if you have any of the following questions:
• Can I stay in the home while the divorce is in progress?
• What if only one of us is listed on the home title?
• What if my spouse and I have different value estimates of the home’s worth?
• I would like to stay in the home after the divorce but am unsure of how to afford it – what should I do?
• What action should I take if my spouse has not vacated the house per a court order?
• What action should I take if my spouse is preventing the sale of our home as per our divorce agreement?
Coleman Legal Group, LLC team of divorce and family law attorneys handles cases in the following cities and communities: Atlanta, Alpharetta, Roswell, Johns Creek, Milton, Cumming, Marietta, Sandy Springs, Woodstock, Kennesaw, Gainseville, Norcross, Lawrenceville, Midtown, Inman Park, Duluth, Buckhead, Dunwoody, Vinings, Old Fourth Ward, Sugar Hill and Smyrna.
Our dedicated team of divorce and family law attorneys frequently handle cases for clients residing in the following counties: Fulton, Gwinnett, Forsyth, Cobb, DeKalb, Henry, Cherokee, Douglas, Carroll, Coweta, Paulding, Bartow, Hall, Barrow, Walton, Newton, Rockdale, Henry, Spalding, Fayette and Clayton.
Coleman Legal Group, LLC’s Georgia lawyers practice in the areas of Divorce, Family Law, Bankruptcy, Immigration and Business Law. We have two convenient offices located at:
Alpharetta Georgia Office
5755 North Point Parkway
Alpharetta, GA 30022
Atlanta Georgia Office
659 Auburn Avenue Northeast
Atlanta, GA 30312
Copyright © 2014 | Coleman Legal Group, LLC | All Rights Reserved. Coleman Legal Group, LLC • 5755 North Point Parkway, Suite 52 • Alpharetta, GA 30022 • 770-609-1247 DISCLAIMER: The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.
Tamara Feliciano, Esq. on Google+!